Programs at the undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral levels in sports management.
|Capture Your Team Memories
Let us create a keepsake for your team's trip, tournament participation or season.
This job has been viewed 531 times.
Coach - Assistant/GA
Job Title: Assistant Coach - Softball
Organization: Colorado Mesa University
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Location: Grand Junction, Colorado, United States
Visa Sponsorship: Company will not provide international visa sponsorship
||Colorado Mesa University
Assistant Coach - Softball
SUMMARY: Under the supervision of the Head Softball Coach, the Assistant Coach provides coaching expertise and leadership for the administration of the intercollegiate Women’s Softball program; assisting the head coach in the effective management and administration of all aspects relating to a positive and beneficial intercollegiate experience for student athletes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other related duties may be assigned.
• Take an active role in implementing a successful recruiting strategy to attract outstanding student athletes to attend Colorado Mesa University while remaining in full compliance with all NCAA and RMAC rules, as well as departmental and university policies and procedures
• Maintain standards of performance consistent with departmental academic and athletic expectations as reflected in the mission statement, goals, objectives, and departmental guidelines
• Coordinate and implement with the head coach and compliance officer eligibility requirements to ensure full compliance with governing rules and regulations, proper administration of financial aid for both prospective and enrolled student athletes, facilities scheduling, and contest administration and game operations as necessary
• Responsible for coordination and implementation all aspects of video game exchange, editing, film sessions, download & upload of games in compliance with the NCAA and RMAC guidelines
• Assist the head coach in the organization and supervision of all practices, group workouts, shooting and film sessions and contests
• Responsible for monitoring of student athletes’ academic progress through classroom checks, study hall, and progress reports
• Assist in the coordination, development, supervision and daily operations of summer camps and clinics
• Engage in, coordinate and help implement all fund-raising activities for the program in conjunction with the head coach, athletic advancement and its representatives
• Communicate regularly and maintain a positive and constructive working relationship with support staff in sports information, student services, sports medicine, campus recreation, business office, facilities/operations, compliance, athletic advancement, marketing, and ticket office to assist in implementation of an efficient and effective program and department
• Represent the university at professional meetings, alumni gatherings, campus activities and civic affairs as requested by the head coach or athletic administrators
• Attend and participate in department and staff meetings as requested/required
• Encourage an effective outreach program with student athletes that provide benefit to the on and off-campus community
• Maintain, as appropriate, effective relationships with parents, alumni, friends of the program, and others toward the positive image and promotion of the program
• Evening and weekend work is required.
• Supervise graduate assistants, interns, managers, and student workers.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university is required, master’s degree is preferred.
• Candidates without a master’s degree must obtain master’s degree within three years of employment.
• Experience playing or coaching softball at the collegiate level is preferred.
• Must have knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations, demonstrated knowledge of basic principles of coaching/team supervision, the ability to effectively coordinate recruiting activities, and the ability to maintain team discipline and instill proper ethical and moral standards.
Colorado Mesa University is particularly interested in candidates who have experience working with students from diverse backgrounds and who have a demonstrated commitment to improving the levels of access and success for underrepresented students within higher education.
TYPE OF APPOINTMENT: Full-time, administrative appointment.
SALARY: Commensurate with education and experience. Excellent health and retirement benefits package.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open until filled. To ensure consideration, complete applications must be received by July 5, 2013.
Submit a cover letter describing qualifications and experience as they relate to the specific requirements, responsibilities, and preferences of this position, current resume, a copy of transcripts for all degrees completed (official transcripts will be required upon hire), the names, phone numbers and e-mail addresses of three professional references, and the following completed forms:
• Applicant Authorization and Release to Conduct Reference and Background Check (available at: http://apptrkr.com/363731)
• Background Investigation and Disclosure Authorization (available at: http://www.coloradomesa.edu/hr/documents/BackgroundInvestigationDisclosure.Authorization.pdf)
• Voluntary Affirmative Action form (available at http://www.coloradomesa.edu/hr/documents/AffirmativeActionInformation-cmu.pdf)
• Applicant Authorization to permit Search Committee members to review candidate transcript (available at http://www.coloradomesa.edu/hr/documents/Form-Transcriptauthorization.pdf)
Assistant Coach- Softball Search Committee
Human Resources, LHH 237
Colorado Mesa University
1100 North Avenue
Grand Junction, Colorado 81501-3122
Phone: 970 248-1820
Colorado Mesa University is committed to providing a safe and productive learning and living community. To achieve that goal, we conduct background investigations for all final applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include reference checks, a criminal history record check, and when appropriate, a financial and/or motor vehicle history. Applicant must be able to verify U.S. employment eligibility. Colorado Mesa University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a culturally diverse faculty, staff and student body. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Softball - Fastpitch Softball
Gender Classification: Female Only
Note: Gender describes the team or individuals being coached, trained, supervised
or taught. It does not refer to the job applicant.
Application Procedure: http://apptrkr.com/363731
|Organization and Contact Information
Colorado Mesa University
1100 North Avenue
Grand Junction, Colorado, 81501, United States
Our Low Prices for Job Listings
7 days: $45.00
15 days: $55.00
21 days: $75.00
30 days: $95.00
45 days: $135.00
60 days: $175.00
6 months unlimited postings: $345
1 year unlimited postings: $435
|Grants and Funding
Grants and Funding courtesy of Women's Sports Foundation.
|Sports Destination Network
Saving our clients' two most valuable resources: time and money.